Patient Participation Group
If you would like to get involved and make a difference please email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Aims of the Virtual Patient Participation Group
“To work with their practice to provide practical support, to help patients take more responsibility for their own health and to provide strategic input and advice. PPGs are based on cooperation between the practice staff and patients”.
Purpose of a PPG
- To give practice staff and patients the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest in their own practice.
- A forum for patients and staff to improve and develop services within the practice by co-production.
- To provide an opportunity for patients to make positive and constructive suggestions/ideas about the practice and specific medical conditions as an ‘expert’ or ‘experienced patient’.
- To encourage health education activities within the practice.
- To involve further patients from the wider population.
- To involve patient participation in future commissioning of Health Provision.
Benefits for the patient:
- Patients will be more responsible for their own health.
- Patients will have a better understanding and knowledge of the practice and its staff.
This allows up to date information to be given to patients and will inform what decisions can be influenced and what cannot. It will also allow the practice staff to gain an understanding from the patient’s perspective. It may also be useful for the chair to have meetings with the Practice Manager on a regular basis or attend management meetings of the practice. This ensures that two way communications are achieved.
- Patients will have a forum to suggest positive ideas and voice concerns
- Patients will benefit from improved communications between patients and staff